Do you shiver when you hear the word ‘tender’? If so, it’s probably because you’re not adequately familiar with the tendering process. This course is set to prepare you for the next time you need to put yourself on show.
A training course called “The Tender Process: From Preparation to Evaluation” will take place from 8 to 10 May and 21 to 23 August in Johannesburg to help people, government and private companies to better understand the tendering process.
Issuing and evaluating tenders is common in both government and private companies, but what is less common is training on the do’s and don’ts in the tendering process.
Tendering is often complex, and understanding the concepts up front goes a long way to making the job easier and less prone to inadvertent errors.
The course, presented by AstroTech – which is aimed at specialists, technical staff involved in the issuing of tenders, procurement personnel, project managers, team leaders involved in issuing tenders and anyone involved in the preparation or evaluation of tenders or bids – covers the following key topics:
- Understanding why organisations tender and what they want to achieve
- Understanding the tendering bid cycle
- Preparing the bid specification
- Documenting your requirements clearly
- Where and how to advertise tender requests
- Communication and transparency in the bidding process
- The tender request notice
- The Public Finance Management Act and tendering
- Terms and conditions of tendering
- Identifying and eliminating fraud in the bidding process
- The tender schedule
- Closing dates and times
- The difference between expressions of interests, request for proposals, requests for tenders, and standard forms of contract
- Understanding how the tender evaluation is performed
- The tender evaluation criteria
- Who should be on the tender evaluation board or committee?
- Analysing tender documents
- The adjudication process
- Compliance assessment
- Risk assessment
- Comparative assessment and ranking
- Tender approvals
- Tender confidentiality
- Do’s and don’ts when interacting with bidders
- Reasons for disqualification
- Negotiation issues
- Post-tender contracts
For further information, contact Olive on 011-582 3222. Alternatively, download the course brochure from www.astrotech.co.za/training/mngseminars/TenderProcess.asp.